Thursday, April 3, 2008

Converational tidbit-sent by Mimi D'Aponte

----- Original Message -----

From: Patherold@aol.com

To: mdaponte@rcn.com

Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 1:07 PM

Subject: Re: party plus

Hi there...

I'm delighted you had fun. So did we!!! Nello looked like a 1960's Italian movie star as usual.....and your pretty shining face is always wonderful to see.

I'm happy to report that the icing can be had anytime in Red Hook at a dessert cafe at 359 Van Brunt Street down from Fairway called Baked. One was chocolate, and one was a kind of frothy vanilla with cinnamon. www.bakednyc.com

I learned about Baked, considered one of the best in Brooklyn, from Allen at Blue Apron. My friend Kate introduced me to him. That's the specialty place on Union just up from Seventh...delish prepared foods, cheeses, and cupcakes from Baked too! Kate writes: TheCityCook.....her website, which is awesome, and which you would enjoy. She's been my pal for almost 40 years.

Let's take a walk soon. I have to start a new chemo, but I'm thinking positive as usual and spring is coming!!! See you March 16!!! Day before St. Paddy's!

Love, Pat

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear pat,

What a lovely party - Ed seemed delighted, and Judd is going places with his music. And it was good tocatch up with the Margons, and eat some delicious seafare from New Orleans!

Then Judd rang the bell Sunday evening, exactly at the moment I was wishing for a bit of dessert, and brought us the best cupcakes I've ever tasted (is there a receipe for the frosting?).

Congratulations on great entertaining.

Love, Mimi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home